Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The arduous task of lodging selection

If it were just Victor and I wouldn't be stressing about lodging in Australia, we are very flexible and really don't mind too much of anything. (Remember our first year in Bangkok? Great appartment, but stinky location, really stinky! and the second year, sort of where we wanted to be but too close for a taxi and just a bit further than we like to walk....) As with our trip to Hawaii earlier this year, I again find myself on the planning side of the equation for a group and feeling a little pressure (self induced no doubt) in trying to meet everyone's needs. My favorite quote this morning was "I won't bitch too much no matter how badly you screw this up..." hmmmmm.

It is a few weeks since I wrote that and here I sit not having made any lodging decisions. I was hoping for something wonderful to drop in out of the internet sky. Perhaps a three bedroom home to rent with 3 baths right in the middle of where we want to be for nearly nothing. Alas, it was not to happen. Well, maybe it still can, we really are still a little over a week away. We do have a fall back plan if needed and will not go to Australia homeless.

1 comment:

  1. So the bottom line was that we all hopped on the plane with nary a reservation, which was fine with all of us. Three of us ended up in the UAL crew hotel on Sydney's Darling Harbor, and Lynn and Victor ended up a couple of blocks away in the "Happy Hovel." I'm sure it has a real name, but I never can remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by our blog, we hope you will someday stop by our little Hotel Charlotte and restaurant on the way to Yosemite!
Lynn & Victor