Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Food

The most notable thing about the food is its availability and quantity and it is always fairly good sometimes it is even GREAT. I do miss the use of seasonings and spices. Everything seems to be spiced to appeal to a massive public and I like to dine a bit more on the edge.

I will get some daily notes updated into the blog, but just wanted to get these down before we had to run again. We come into these little ports, check out the town and then look for an internet cafe to check emails. A very affordable 7 cents a minute compared to the boat at 75 cents a minute...but never enough time to get the job done. I will start posting to my lap top then when we find these cafes I will log on and publish them from there. Then I can write all night...or whatever.

Victor and I are on separate schedules. He gets up between 5:30 and 6 am and I don't want to get up before 9. I like to stay up later than him too. But we get a nap each afternoon...just like home.

Victor took a cooking class yesterday and it was so good some of the people almost missed their scheduled tours. We are going to try out the fancy dining room for my birthday. Will note back on that later.

See you soon!
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Victor attended all the hands-on cooking classes offered on the ship. They were led by master chef Francis, who heads up the Pinnacle Grill (the high end restaurant on the ship). He and Victor immediately hit it off, to the extent that Francis implored Victor to stop his dessert prep and "help these (wine sipping) ladies chop their vegetables or we'll never finish this meal."

    Lest one think that Lynn was a bystander, she earned the name "Trouble" by the party planner, Rebecca, who plans no parties, but emcee's all the culinary presentations. While Lynn was not hands-on (except in the blind wine tasting), she always had a saucy (or sassy) question for the culinary experts, prompting many utterances of "Here comes trouble." Ask her to show you her culinary arts certificate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by our blog, we hope you will someday stop by our little Hotel Charlotte and restaurant on the way to Yosemite!
Lynn & Victor